Oral hygiene is the process of keeping the mouth clean and disease-free. It is considered the best method of preventing cavities, tooth decay, gum diseases, foul breath, and other dental conditions. Healthy teeth mean fewer cavities and no tartar deposits. Oral hygiene is very much necessary to maintain the robust health of your oral cavity, and it includes both personal and professional care. Teeth cleanings and X-rays are part of routine professional dental exams.
Importance of Teeth Cleanings
Though we may be following an efficient oral hygiene routine, it does not guarantee that your mouth is totally free of microorganisms and plaque. The effects of home care brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth are limited. They cannot match the results that can be provided by professional teeth cleaning.
Process for Teeth Cleanings
A routine dental cleaning includes a scaling procedure to remove the decay from the teeth and gums that cannot otherwise be cleaned with regular brushing. In the scaling process, ultrasonic dental tools are used to ensure proper cleaning. To prevent future plaque build-up, polishing is done along the gum line, and finally, the mouth will be rinsed with water.
After the cleaning process, you will be given home care instructions to safeguard your teeth from decay and infections. Gum diseases can be prevented by regular dental exams, appropriate oral hygiene, and healthy food habits.
Benefits of Professional Cleaning
- Plaque is the accumulation of harmful bacteria that has to be removed and cleaned from in and around the gum line. The plaque will be eliminated during the teeth cleaning process to reduce the risk of cavities and decay.
- The teeth and gums loosen up due to tartar accumulation. This results in gum disease, which is the primary cause of tooth loss. With good home care and dental cleanings, tooth loss is prevented.
- Teeth cleanings can eliminate bad breath. Along with your daily brushing and flossing, a dental cleaning procedure gives you a healthy oral cavity and a fresher breath.
- Dental health and overall health are interconnected. Keeping your teeth clean lowers your risk for chronic ailments like diabetes and heart disease.
- Our teeth can get stained by particular food and drinks. Teeth cleanings will help remove the stubborn stains and discoloration and give you a brilliant smile.
- During a professional dental cleaning, we can detect early signs of broken fillings and fractures.
We provide solutions that will improve your oral health and transform your smile. Visit our office, Amin Tabatabaian DDS PLLC, at 5701 Northeast Bothell Way Suite 3, Kenmore WA, 98028. You can also reach Dentist Kenmore WA at (425) 486-9233.